Friday, April 5, 2013

Allergies




I have major congestion. I noticed it creeping up on me a couple days ago.  I have been mouth breathing and generally uncomfortable.  Although the mouth breathing is so annoying - the sides of my lips have been cracking since it's also so cold out still too!  Today I have a headache, my cheeks are swollen - and of course totally congested!  

I have been told I have an "allergenic nose" by my ENT Dr.  Which  means I am prone to sinus infections.  I was tested about 2 years ago by an allergist and told I have a grass allergy (rag weed & 1 other I am forgetting) - well GRASS never really bothered me until this spring!

Grass pollen is typically the main cause of late spring and early summer allergies. Grass pollen is highest at these times. (about.com)

I'm in misery!  It doesn't help that I am getting no sleep and finding it hard to breathe with out these sinus issues.  I have a list of approved med's and plan to use the saline nasal spray a lot this weekend.  Having a sinus infection though - makes me feel so lethargic... totally zaps my energy!  Maybe it's a trend my husband was sick on his birthday and it's looks like I'll be a little under the weather this weekend too.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Blythe,

    I really admire your personal and engaging voice. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing such great advice and stories on your blog for expecting mothers! And it's really too bad about your allergies!

    I’ve taken a look through your website and we think you’ve done a fantastic job in covering topics that our brand's audience of expecting mothers would be interested in reading. It would be great if you could join our community to feature your blog entries.

    If you would like to learn more about this, please send an email to info at atomicreach.com.

    Sincerely,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete