Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Clarisonic Mia 2 Review

PAMPER YOURSELF!
I love the Clairsonic Mia 2!  

Honestly my face has never felt so good or so clean!  When I was actively dealing with PCOS, my face was the first sign of stress and hormonal unbalance.  Prior to getting pregnant I had used many prescription products for adult acne - all which worked to some extent.   

Check out some of my old posts of just how bad my acne could get :My acne from a year ago

Knock on wood, but ever since pregnancy I have had the occasional breakout, but nothing like it used to be.  

I received this as a Holiday gift, I have been using since the end of December 2012... I can't imagine not having this! I have always had sensitive/combo skin.  The Mia 2 comes with a sensitive brush head -I find it's perfect for me.   I only use it once a day, every other day. Since it's winter in Chicago my face seems a bit dryer then normal - so that routine may change when Spring/Summer arrive.

If I have put makeup on that day, I will first use Neutrogena Makeup Remover clothes.  I read that some makeup products could stain the brush head- but not affect it negatively otherwise.   I would rather just avoid that chance.   I have also used these makeup remover clothes forever - I like them... so I'm in the habit. I also feel like when I use these with the brush -  I have really done everything to remove all the makeup/chemicals in products/dirt & grime that have built up on my face over the course of the day.  
So, once all my makeup is removed, I wet my face apply the soap to the brush and go.  At first it took a couple nights to get into the swing of things, but now the process is seamless - fast as can be.  You can use any cleanser that you have - just nothing with micro-beads. I have a cleanser that I have been using for years.   

The Brush has a timer so you know how long to stay at each section of your face.  20 sec nose and forehead, 20 sec chin and nose, and 10 seconds for each cheek - 1 min and your done!  Nothing can be easier then that.   

Yea, it's expensive... however, totally worth it!  You are to replace the brush head every 3 months.  I bought a value bundle 4 pack at my local ULTA with a 20% - what a score!  You can use your own soap, so that shouldn't be an expense factored in.  I am truly happy with this product and I do feel like it has made a genuine difference in the appearance of my skin - smaller pores, less blackheads, and fewer breakouts.    


No comments:

Post a Comment