Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Feeling Hot Hot Hot- Literally!

Feeling Hot Hot Hot!

I have always been a "cold" person.  I am the person who carries around a light sweater in the summer - I usually can't take the air conditioning system.  Until just recently, I was sleeping with socks on - which a lot of people think is weird.  I'll tell you why I sleep with socks on - and it will all make sense.  When I was a small child I was bitten on my right foot by a spider in bed and my foot became infected.  I can only really recall soaking my foot each day and having a lot of pain!  So, ever since the spider bite - I have slept in socks. Makes sense, right? 

Now, noway!  I am so hot at night (and in general) - it's unbelievable.  It's still pretty cold here in Chicago with a winter snow storm and I am sleeping in Summer Pj's and a sheet.  It's totally unlike me.  The feeling "warm" in pregnancy finally hit me.  At times when I am on the subway, I am just waiting for my stop because I feel like I am baking myself in all my winter gear.  I have even started turning on the air conditioning at work and it's 33 degrees outside! 

I have been drinking a lot of cold water, and that helps.  I also found that an ice pack on my neck or forehead if I can't sleep- makes all the difference in the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment