Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Nursery Chair


Jamaica 2009
This past Sunday, my Husband and I had a realization - Motion Sickness is NOT in our heads.  It's a very REAL thing.  I have never dealt well with motion - but as I age it seems to get progressively worse.  

After an awful Honeymoon Boat in ride In 2009 ...we are timid to say the least when it comes to motion. While on our Honeymoon in Jamaica we took a glass bottom boat ride - from hell.  It was probably an hour ride that felt like FOREVER.  I was sick within minutes, and so was my husband.  I can laugh about it now, but at the time it was pure torture.  We passed smelling salts to one another to prevent throwing up as the crew instructed us to.  We drank about 5 glasses of ginger ale after exiting the boat, but we just didn't feel right the whole day.  





When we took our " Baby-Moon"  in December to Maui, I was determined to go whale watching.  I knew it was a once in a lifetime sort of thing and we had to make it work.  On our last trip to Maui the year before a hotel desk agent recommended  Bonine for motion sickness and ever since it's been our saving grace.  We just can't seem to find it in Chicago, but it does the trick trust me.  I was able to clear it with my Dr. and my husband and I had a successful whale watching adventure... on a boat!



This weekend we stopped at a couple baby stores and after sitting on a few gliders - we both felt sick and needed fresh air.  Motion Sickness Strikes again!  I did a little research and found that this is quiet common complaint for some new Mom's, wondering what to do.  

I want a chair for the nursery - just maybe not one that moves.  I read that as they get older taking them out of their space can signal wanting to stay awake and explore - so, that's not going to work.  I also can't believe how insanely expensive some gliders are- ouch!  I can't imagine spending almost the same about on a chair as I did the crib set.   This weekend we are planning a trip to Ikea... and I see an armchair and ottoman in our future 

EKTORP JENNYLUND
Chair, Sågmyra gray, check

$229.00

OR


$199.00

No comments:

Post a Comment